At a Glance
List of applicants for Class IV vide advt. No. 1/2018 available in Recruitment link
Ranchi, the West-Central position of the Chota Nagpur Division, is situated at a height of 2,128 feet above Sea-level, and is the administrative Headquarters of our Jharkhand State.
The District Court was established in the year 1861 and the first District Judge was major W.H.Oakes. The first Indian Judicial Commissioner was Sri H.R. Krishnan in the year 1943.
The Main building of Civil Courts, Ranchi was constructed in the year 1952 and thereafter three other buildings - 10 courts Magistrate building in the year 1985, C.B.I courts building in the year 2001 and Fast Track Courts building in the year 2002, came into existence.
Civil Courts, Ranchi is under the Jurisdiction of Jharkhand High Court w.e.f 15 November, 2000.
There is a Video Conferencing Studio in the Main Building which is used for appearance of undertrial prisoners through Video Conferencing. It is connected with the Birsa Munda Central Jail, Hotwar, Ranchi and the prisoners are produced before the Judges of the Civil Courts through Video Conferencing. At present the Video Conferencing Studio is used for remand and production of undertrial prisoners. This system was inaugurated in the presence of Hon’ble Mr. Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya, the Acting Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Ranchi by Hon’ble Mr. Justice M.Y. Eqbal of Jharkhand High Court, Ranchi on 7th January, 2005.
There is an e-court Video Conferencing Trial Court which is second of its kind in India and is running in the Fast Track Courts Building. It is used for Trial ( Recording of Evidence, Statement of Accused, Pronouncement of Judgment and etc. ) of the cases through e-court video conferencing trial court. It was inaugurated on 21st September ' 2013 by Hon'ble Mr. Justice Madan B. Lokur, Supreme Court of India and Hon'ble Mr. Justice M. Y. Eqbal, Supreme court of India in presence of Hon'ble Mr. Justice D. N. Patel, Acting Chief Justice, High Court of Jharkhand.
The Computer Cell was inaugurated by Hon’ble Mr. Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya, the Acting Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Ranchi on Saturday, 1st of July, 2006 under City Civil Court Project.
Khunti Civil Courts, was a Sub-Division under the Judgeship of Civil Courts, Ranchi till 10th of May 2014 and now is a separate Judgeship.