District And Sessions Court Alwar
District And Sessions Court Alwar
ALWAR DISTRICT COURT
ALWAR DISTRICT COURT
ALWAR DISTRICT COURT

Alwar Judgeship

Alwar state may be said to have been formed as a separate, independent state when Rao Pratap Singh, its founder, first raised his standard over theAlwarFort on November 25th 1775. During his rule the then districts of Thanagazi, Rajgarh, Malakhera, Ajabgharh, Baldeogarh, Kankwari, Alwar, Ramgarh and Laxmangarh, and areas around Behror and Bansur, were finally integrated to form the State. As the State was being consolidated, naturally, no definite administrative machinery could have come into being.

The next ruler Maharao Raja Bakhtawar Singh(1791-1815) also devoted himself to the work of extension and consolidation of theterriotoryof the State. He was successful in integrating the pargannahs of Ismailpurand Mandawarand thetalukas of Darbarpur, Rutai, Nimrana, Mandhan, Beejawarand Kakomain the Alwar State. Maharao Raja Bakhtawar Singh rendered valuable services to Lord Lake, during the latter's campaign against Marathas, in the battle ofLaswari, inAlwarterritory when the Statetroopesassisted him in finally breaking the Marathas and Jat powers.

As a result, in 1803, the First Treaty of Offensive and Defensive Alliance was forged between Alwar State and the East India Company. Thus, Alwarwas the first princely State in India to enter into Treaty Relations with the East India Company. But in his time also, the State Administration was very imperfect and cases of loot and dacoit, even in broad day light, were not infrequent. The State was borrowing money from outside as its finances were poor and mismanaged. Most of the land revenue was use to pay back the loans and, at times, thefarmereswere put to hardship.

Maharao Raja Viney Singh (1815-1857) suppressed the social anarchy and was to a great extent, successful instabilisingthe general conditions in the State. It was in his time that the Alwar State administration began to take shape. According to the Imperial Gazetter of India," The Government had previously been carried on without any system. But with the aid of certainMusalmansintroduced from Delhi and appointed ministers in 1838, great changes were made.The land revenue began to be collected in cash instead of kind and civil and criminal courts were established."

MaharaoRajaVineySingh died in 1857 and was succeeded by his sonSheodanSingh (1857-1874). He was then a boy of twelve. He at once fell under the influence of the MohammedanDewansof Delhi. Theirproceedings excited an insurrection of theRajputsin 1858, in which several of the Dew sfollowers were killed and the ministers themselves were expelled from the State. Captain Nixon, the Political agent ofBharatpur, was at oncedespatchedtoAlwarwho formed a Council of Regency. A Panchayatwas formed with three members to administer the State but it could not succeed. Captain Impeycame to Alwaras the next Political Agent in November, 1858. His tenure of that office continued till the end of 1863,

Maharao Raja Sheodan Singh assumed ruling powers on 14th September,1863and soon after, the agency was abolished. But the administration soon fell back into the hands of oldDewanswho still had links with the ruler. In 1870, the disbanding of theRajputcavalry and the wholesale confiscation ofJagir, grants the extravagance of the chief and his Mohammedansympathisers, brought about a general uprising of theRajputswith the result that the British government had again to interfere. Captain Blair, the then Political Agent for the Eastern States tried to bring about reconciliation but failed. MajorCadellwas then appointed the Political Agent in 1867and,withthe sanction of the Government of India, a council of Management was formed with the Political Agent as President, the Maharao Raja having a seat in the Board. Personnel of administration waschanged and the whole administration was cleaned. A new Department of Engineering was started. Tehsildarswere entrusted with more civil and criminal powers; the Kotwaliwas established for the security of the city.

An independent department called Appeals was brought into being for hearing appeals against decisions of lower courts.

District and Sessions Court, Alwar was established in 1951 and situated in City Palace Campus ,Mahal Chok Alwar

 

Alwar Judgeship Present Total 17 Court Complex:


S.No

NAME OF Court Complex

Distance From Head Quarter

1

ALWAR COURT COMPLEX

District HQ

2

RAJGARH COURT COMPLEX

39kms

3

BANSUR COURT COMPLEX

61kms

4

THANAGAZI COURT COMPLEX

46kms

5

BEHROR COURT COMPLEX

60kms

6

TIJARA COURT COMPLEX

53kms

7

MUNDAWAR COURT COMPLEX

53kms

8

LAXMANGARH COURT COMPLEX

60kms

9

KISHANGARH BAS COURT COMPLEX

35kms

10

RAMGARH COURT COMPLEX

27kms

11

KATHUMAR COURT COMPLEX

66kms

12

BHIWADI COURT COMPLEX

92kms

13

NEEMRANA COURT COMPLEX

72kms

14

KOTKASIM COURT COMPLEX

56 Kms

15

MALAKHERA COURT COMPLEX

18 Kms

16

JJB COURT COMPLEX

10 Kms

17

KHERLI MANDI COURT COMPLEX

76 Kms