BHANDARA DISTRICT COURT
HISTORY OF DISTRICT COURT
Bhandara District was a part of erstwhile Central Province and Berar. Lateron, Bhandara District was a part of Madhya Pradesh till 31.10.1956. Since 1.11.1956 Bhandara District was included in Bombay Bilingual State till 30.4.1960. Since 1st May, 1960 Bhandara District was included in State of Maharashtra. A reference of administration of Deputy Commissioner and existence of Bar Room of Pleaders in the year 1893 at Bhandara found place in Autobiography of Dr. Sir H.S. Gour. Eminent Jurist and Educationist Dr. H.S. Gour who by his comprehensive book 'Penal Law of India' has contributed legal field, was a Legal Practitioner at Bhandara since Summer of 1893 till June, 1894. No independent Court of District Judge was available at Bhandara till 1st April, 1959. Till then, Courts of Bhandara District were attached to Nagpur Judicial District. Since 1st April, 1959 Bhandara Judicial District was created for the area of Bhandara District as constituted under Madhya Pradesh Land Revenue Code, 1954. Government of Maharashtra has created Gondia Judicial District w.e.f. 27.2.2011, and as such, Gondia which was a part of Bhandara Judicial District stood separated from it.
INFORMATION OF DISTRICT COURT
At District Head Quarter, Courts of Principal District and Sessions Judge, District Judge-1 and Additional Sessions Judge, Ad hoc District Judge and Additional Sessions Judge, Chief Judicial Magistrate, Civil Judge, Senior Division and 6 Courts of Civil Judge, Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate, First Class are functioning. At Lakhani, Tumsar and Paoni Tahsil of District, two Courts of Civil Judge, Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate, First Class are working at each Station. At Mohadi, Sakoli and Lakhandur Tahsil of District, one Court each of Civil Judge, Junior Division and Judicial Magistrate, First Class are working. A work of Motor Accident Claims Tribunal is assigned to the Courts of Principal District and Sessions Judge and District Judges available at Station.