Dima Hasao district — earlier called North Cachar Hills district is an administrative district in the state of Assam in north-eastern India. As of 2011 it is the least populous district of Assam (out of 27). "Dima Hasao" means "Dimasa Hills" in the Dimasa language.
Dima Hasao is one of the newly created Judicial District in the State of Assam. The Court complex is a multi-storied building and has been recently inaugurated on 29th July 2017 in august presence of Sri Sarbananda Sonowal, Hon'ble Chief Minister of Assam, Hon'ble Mr. Justice Ajit Singh, the Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Guwahati, Hon'ble Mr. Justice Hrishikesh Roy ( Judge in-charge Administrative Department ) Gauhati High Court, Guwahati and Hon'ble Mr. Justice M.A. Ali ( Portfolio Judge Dima Hasao) Gauhati High Court, Guwahati.
The District Court Complex consists of 4 (Four) Courts, which are as below:-
1. Dstrict & Sessions Judge Court.
2. Civil Judge & Assistant Sessions Judge Court. (Currently Vacant Court)
3. Chief Judicial Magistrate Court.
4. Munsif Court.
The Hon'ble Presiding Officers of the above mentioned Courts are:-
1. Sri Rajib Goswami- The District & Sessions Judge, Dima Hasao, Assam
2. Sri Bankim Sarma-The Chief Judicial Magistrate, Dima Hasao, Assam
3. Sri J.M.A.K Tapadar- The Munsif Magistrate, Dima Hasao, Assam.