E - Seva Kendra
e-Seva Kendras have been created in the High Courts and in one District Court in each State on a pilot basis. It enables litigants to obtain information with respect to case status and to obtain copies of judgments and orders. These centres also extend assistance in e-filing of cases. These Kendras represent a significant step for the common man and his right to access to justice.
FACILITIES TO BE PROVIDED IN e-SEVA KENDRA
e-Seva Kendras shall initially roll out following services for litigants and lawyers:-
- Handling inquiries about case status, next date of hearing and other details.
- Facilitate online Applications for certified copies.
Facilitate e-Filing of petitions right from the scanning of hard copy petitions, appending eSignatures, uploading them onto CIS and generation of filing number.
- To assist in online purchase of e-Stamp papers/ePayments.
- To help in applying and obtaining Aadhaar based digital signature.
- Publicise and assist in downloading the Mobile App of eCourts for Android and IOS.
- Facilitate in the booking of eMulakat appointments for meeting relatives in jail.
- Handling queries about Judges on leave.
Guide people on how to avail free legal services from the District Legal Service Authority, High Court Legal Service Committee and Supreme Court Legal Service Committee.
Facilitate disposal of traffic challan in virtual Courts as also online compounding of traffic challans and other petty offences.
- Explaining the method of arranging and holding a video conference court hearing.
- Provide soft copies of judicial orders/judgments via email, WhatsApp or any other available mode.