About District Court, Etah
District Court Etah was created in the year 1951. This district lies in western portion of Uttar Pradesh of Aligarh region. It is bounded on the north by the district Kanshiram Nagar (Kasganj) and Badaun. The eastern frontier marches with the district Mainpuri and Farrukhabad and along the south lie Firozabad district. It is situated between river Ganga and Yamuna in north latitude 27’18 and 28’2 and 79’17 of eastern longitude.
Prior to independence the Judicial Courts of Etah were Sessions Division Aligarh. The Court of the Civil Judges Etah was established for the first time on 18th December 1950 and Sri S. D. Sharma was the first Civil Judge. In 1951 Etah was made Sessions Division and Mr. K. L. Arora was appointed the first District Judge of Etah. Earlier jurisdiction of Etah was comprised of five tehsils namely Etah (Sadar), Aliganj, Jalesar, Kasganj and Patiyali. In the year 2007 Kasganj was excluded from Etah and it was made a separate district. Presently Etah Court is exercising regarding all civil and criminal matters considering of tehsils namely Etah (Sadar), Aliganj and Jalesar.