In 1824, the Rohtak district was formed as a separate unit consisting of Gohana, Kharakhauda-Mandothi, Rohtak-Beri and Meham-Bhiwani tehsil(s). Before March 1, 1955, for judicial administration the Rohtak district was tagged to the Karnal district and as such only one District and Sessions Judge was appointed for the two districts.
Rohtak was declared a separate Sessions Division on 01.03.1955 and Shri Jwala Dass was posted as First District and Sessions Judge at Rohtak. The Court of Additional District and Sessions Judge, which was presided by Shri B.S. Yadav, was established at Rohtak on 28.08.1967.
Establishment of Family Court
Family Court, Rohtak came into existence on 30.12.2011 vide Govt. of Haryana Notification no. 352 SW(3)/2011.