The city of Faridabad was founded in the year 1607 by Shaikh Farid, also known as Baba Farid. He was an eminent Sufi saint and was also the treasurer of the Mughal emperor, Jahangir. The city was established in order to protect the Grant Trunk Road. It was later announced as the headquarters of Faridabad Pargana, which was under the rule of Ballabgarh. Tewatia Jat Sardar Gopal Singh attacked the city, after the death of Aurangzeb. He established a treaty with Murtija Khan, the Mughal officer of Faridabad and became the Chaudhary of the Pargana. After the rule of the Mughals, it was taken over by the British. In 1950, after the partition of India, there was a large influx of refugees from Pakistan. Industries were established in order to rehabilitate them. After that, people from different communities, regions and religions also settled in Faridabad. Initially, it was a part of the district of Gurgaon. On 15th August 1979, Faridabad was established as a separate district. Today, the city is home to a number of large scale industries, ranging from manufacturing to IT sector.
District Courts, Faridabad came into existence on 08.12.1980 with Shri A.P.Chaudhary as first District & Sessions Judge, Faridabad, Sh.Surinder Saroop as Addl. District & Sessions Judge, Faridabad, Sh.B.P.Jindal as Senior Sub Judge-cum-CJM, Faridabad, Sh.L.N.Mittal as Sub Judge 1st Class-cum-JMIC, Faridabad, Sh.H.C.Mittal as Sub Judge Ist Class-cum-JMIC, Faridabad, Sh. R.C.Gupta as Sub Judge Ist Class-cum-JMIC, Faridabad. It is situated in Sector 12, Faridabad and is at a mile distance from National Highway. From initial strength of 50-55 members, the District Bar Association has also grown in strength and presently there are about 2000 Advocates enrolled as members of District Bar Association.
The foundation stone of new court complex building was laid by Hon’ble Mr. Justice T. S. Thakur, Judge Supreme Court of India in the gracious presence of Hon’ble Mr. Justice Jasbir Singh the then Acting Chief Justice, Punjab & Haryana High Court & Hon’ble Mr. Justice S.K. Mittal Judge Punjab & Haryana High Court cum Chairman of building committee Haryana & Hon’ble Mr. Justice Hemant Gupta Judge Punjab & Haryana High Court cum Administrative Judge of Session Divison Faridabad on saturday 7thof July 2012.The new court complex building was inaugrated by Hon’ble Mr. Justice A.K. Sikri Judge, Supreme Court of India, in the benign presence of Hon’ble Mr. Justice Shiavx Jal Wazifdar, Chief Jusitce High Court of Punjab & Haryana, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Surya Kant Judge, High Court of Punjab & Haryana cum chairman building committee Haryana & Hon’ble Mr. Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain, Judge High Court of Punjab & Haryana cum Administrative Judge Faridabad Session Division on saturday 29thApril 2017. The new court complex is a seven storey building having 19 court rooms. All the court rooms are air conditioned.
Name of the Nodal Officer for maintaining web site of District Court, Faridabad
|Sh. Jitendra||System Officer||sofbd[at]aij[dot]gov[dot]in||