History of the City:-
The city was ruled by several major powers, including the Maurya in the third century BC, the Tughlaq in the 14th century, the Mughals in the 16th century, and the British in the 19th century. The current name was given in 1354 AD. "Firoz Shah Tughlaq" was the founder of Hisar the Sultan of Delhi from 1351 to 1388. Sultan Firoz Tughlaq named the city as 'Hisar_e_Firoza', which means "Fort of Firoz". The word 'Hisar', also spelt as 'Hissar', is a Persian word meaning fort or Quilla. For nearly two centuries, the city was called 'Hisar_e_Firoza', but during the reign of Akbar (1556-1605), it came to be simply known as Hisar. The first Collector of Hisar was Mr. William Brown. After independence, the city became a part of Punjab and later Haryana on 01 November 1966.
The City Hisar is located at 29.09°N 75.43°E in western Haryana. The region is part of the alluvial Ghaggar-Yamuna plain and its southern and western portions mark a gradual transition to the desert. It is situated 167 kilometer towards North-West of Delhi on the National Highway No. 10.
Hisar has a continental climate, with very hot summers and relatively cool winters. The most commonly spoken languages are Hindi, Haryanvi, and Bagri.
During the Reign of East India Company, the Court at Hisar came into being around 1832. It was then affiliated to 'Allahabad High Court'. Subsequently, it had a District Court which used to deal with three kinds of cases Civil, Criminal and Revenue. For civil and criminal jurisdiction, the Hisar District court was initially in the 'Ferozpur Sessions Division' and The Divisional and Sessions Judge, Ferozepur visited the district 3 or 4 times a year to hear cases committed for trial and to inspect civil and criminal courts of the District, and it was only in 1915 when the Hisar Court was upgraded as a Sessions Division, and the court of District & Sessions Judge was duly located at Hisar. Earlier the jurisdiction of Hisar Sessions Division was far and wide spread which included Fatehabad, Sirsa, Bhiwani Districts and also Gurgoan, (now known as Gurugram) was under the Hisar Sessions Divsion upto 1950. District & Sessions Judge, Hisar, used to visit Gurgaon for the disposal of Civil and Criminal work as an appellate court. In 1950, the District Gurgaon(now Gurugram) was transferred from Hisar Sessions Division to Karnal Sessions Division. With the passage of time Sessions Division were setup at Bhiwani, Sirsa and Fatehabad. However, it is added here that the Court of Senior Sub Judge was established probably in 1910. After the separation of judiciary from the executive on 02.10.1964, the Additional District Magistrates were designated as Chief Judicial Magistrates and 'Shri R.R.Dhir' was the first Chief Judicial Magistrate at Hisar, as per record. From the file of Sessions case titled 'The Crown Versus Ram Karan etc.', u/s 302 read with section 149 IPC, decided on 18.10.1924, it is revealed that Shri H.B.Anderson was Sessions Judge at that time.
The old building of Hisar District Courts was established at Hisar Delhi-Road probably in the middle of 1830s, during the reign of East India Company. The entire area on which the court buildings was located has since been converted into commercial complex by the HUDA authorities. After a long span of 140 years it was shifted on 18.12.1973 to the present judicial complex situated on Rajgarh Road. Foundation of present building was laid by Shri Bansi lal Chief Minister on 17, October, 1971. A new building is also constructed in Court Compound and inaugurated by Hon'ble Mr. Justice Satish Kumar Mittal, Judge, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh and Hon'ble Mr. Justice K.C Puri, Judge, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh on 14.03.2015. A Creche-cum-Kindergarten has also been Inaugurated by Hon'ble Mrs. Justice Daya Chaudhary, Judge, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh & Administrative Judge, Hisar Sessions Divsion, in the presence of Shri Parmod Goyal, District & Sessions Judge, Hisar Sessions Division on 23.03.2018.
History of Bar Association:-
The court at Hisar came into being around 1832, but as far as the history of its Bar Association concerned, it probably started in 1870. The bar is 148 years old. The Hisar Bar has a glorious past. The Punjab Kesri Lala Lajpat Rai had been its leading member for six years from 1886 to 1892. Apart from Lala Lajpat Rai, the name of Pt. Madan Mohan Malaviya was also associated with the Hisar Bar.
The Hisar Bar Association has given numerous parliamentarians to the state of Punjab, Haryana and the Country e.g. Thakur Dass Bhargava and Jawahar Lal Bhargava, Sheikh Ismail, Pt. Nanak Chand Bar-at-law, Babu Jugal Kishor, Sham Lal Satyagrahi, Ch. Suraj Mal, Capt. Ranjit Sinhg, S. Narottam Singh, Bakshi Ram Kishan, Ch. Bansi Lal, Ch. Sarup Singh, Ch. Devinder Singh, Shri Baldev Tayal, Ch. Yudhvir Singh, Ch. Jaswant Singh, Ch. Inder Singh Nain, Sh. Atma Ram Godara and Virender Singh Chaudhary. Some of its members Sh. D.S. Lamba, Sh. A.S. Nehra, Sh. Surya Kant Sharma, Sh. Rakesh Jain and Sh. Ramendra Jain have been elevated to the Bench as Judges of the Hon'ble Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
Before the British Raj, indigenous schools provided elementary education. Till 1892, the city had only one middle school. The Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, one of Asia's biggest agricultural universities was the first university established in Hisar, in 1971. Other universities located in the city are Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology and Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar. Commercial and private pilot license training is provided by the Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation (HICA) from Hisar Airport built in 1965.
A few agricultural and veterinary research centers are also situated in the city such as National Research Centre on Equines, Central Sheep Breeding Farm, Government Livestock Farm, Hisar, Northern Region Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Regional Fodder Station, Hisar and Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes. In 1988, the city hosted the 2nd World Buffalo Congress. The major library in the city is Nehru Library.
The city lies on National Highway 9 and National Highway 52. The state highways of Haryana that pass through Hisar are State Highways 10, 13, and 20.
Bus service is the major means of transport in the town. Auto rickshaws are a major means of transport for travelling within the city
Hisar has a railway junction. The first railway line to the city was laid down in 1883. The city is well connected to the neighboring states through rail links.
Hisar Airport is located on the outskirts of the city. In August 2012, the DGCA approved the Haryana state government's plan to develop the airport to operate domestic passenger services.
Sub Division Court, Hansi
The Hisar Sessions Division is headed by learned District & Sessions Judge, Hisar, and presently it is having one sub Division namely Hansi. It is located at a distance of 26 kilometres (16 mi) east of Hisar on NH-9. It appears that at one time Hansi was larger, more prosperous and more important than Hisar. The town has several important buildings of archeological importance. The city of Hansi has five gates of entry – Delhi Gate (East), Hisar Gate (West), Gosain Gate (North-west), Barsi Gate(South) and Umra Gate (South west). Another prominent feature of this ancient city is its fort. The fort is said to be that of Great King Prithvi Raj Chauhan.
During the period of Firoz Shan Tuglaq, an underground tunnel was constructed connecting the present Hansi to Hisar. The entry gate of the fort was built by George Thomas.
The judicial court in Hansi was established after the year 1956 consequent upon separation of judiciary and executive. The first presiding officer of Hansi was Sardar Harnam Singh. He took over the judicial court, Hansi, some time in year 1963 and remained here till 1st Nov. 1966, when the Punjab and Haryana states were formed under re-origination of States Act. Later on in the year 1970 two judicial court were established at Hansi, which were started working in the old court complex behind the PWD office.
The present new judicial complex situated on Jind-Delhi Bye-Pass, and the foundation stone of Sub Divisional/Judicial Complex, Hansi, was laid by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Vijender Jain, Chief Justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh on 6, March, 2008 and Judicial Court Complex, Hansi, was Inaugurated by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Satish Kumar Mittal, Judge, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh and Hon’le Mr. Justice Ajay Kumar Mittal, Administrative Judge, Hisar Sessions Division On 02.04.2011. At present four Judicial Courts are working in sub division Hansi, out of which one court is of SDJM and three courts are of JMIC.
Name of Nodal Officer for maintaining District Court Website
|Sr. No.||Name of Nodal Officer for website||Designation||Official Email-ID||Contact Number||Remarks|
|1||Sh. Ashwani Gupta||Civil Judge, Junior Division, Hisaremail@example.com||-------------||This official Email-ID is only for eCourt website related problem.|