The historical building of Indore District Court was formed in 1905 by the Regency Council during the reign of Maharaja Tukaroji Holkar III, The famous architecture M / s Steven son & Company did in the celebration of the proposed Indore visit of England's future emperor George V.
Indore, also pronounced and spelled by its Maharashtrian inhabitants as “INDUR” is a major trunk road and rail junction and now excellently connected air terminus and is located on the Saraswati and Khan streams, which are tributaries of the Kshipra River. Saraswati and Khan are now municipal drains rather those rivers. Indore was founded in 1715 as a trade market on the Narmada River valley route by local landowners, who erected Indreshwar Temple (1741), from which the name “Indore” is derived. It became the capital of the former Indore Princely State of the Maharashtrian Holkars, and was the headquarters of the British Central India Agency and the summer capital of Madhya Bharat from 1948 to 1956. The largest City of the State, Indore is the commercial, industrial, educational and cultural centre of Western Madhya Pradesh. It is the only City of India having an Indian Institute of Management as well as an Indian Institute of Technology.