Jhabua district is a district of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. The town of Jhabua is the administrative headquarters of the district.
Jhabua district lies in the western part of Madhya Pradesh. It is surrounded by Panchmahal and Dahod districts of Gujarat, Banswara district of Rajasthan, Alirajpur, Dhar and Ratlam districts of Madhya Pradesh. Founded in the 16th century, Jhabua is situated along the Bahadur Shah lake.
Jhabua district was divided into two parts in May 2008, namely Alirajpur and Jhabua. Aliarajpur, Jobat, Udaigarh, Bhabra, Sondawa and Katthiwada are the 6 blocks of new district, Alirajpur. Jhabua district now consists of Jhabua, Meghnagar, Ranapur, Rama, Thandla and Petlawad blocks
The Jhabua Law Courts opened by MRS C KIRKBRIDE on Feb 22nd 1941. Shri B N Saxena was the 1st District and Sessions Judge of Jhabua. At present there are 10 courts including Family Court (link court) working in Jhabua. There are currently 09 judges and 03 trainee judges posted on district establishment. Shri Rajesh Kumar Gupta is the present District Judge of Jhabua.
Petlawad & Thandla are Tehsil courts of District Jhabua. At civil court thandla currently one Civil Judge 1st class and one civil judge 2nd class are working and Civil Court Petlawad currently one Additional District & Sessions Judge, One Civil Judge 1st class and one civil judge 2nd class are working.