History of Jharsuguda District Court
Out of 30 Districts of Orissa, Jharsuguda is considerd to be rich in mines, business and industry. It has an area of 2081sq. kms. and population of arund 514853. During re-organisation of Garhjath States in 1936 under the British Jharsuguda formed a part of Sambalpur district. The New district of Jharsuguda came into existance on 1th april 1994 and was creation of amalgation of jamidars of Rampur, Kolabira, Padampur & Godbhaga. It is situated at western end of orissa on the state high way no.10 at a distance of 515 kms from Kolkatta & 616 kms from Nagpur.
The river IB flows along the western side of jharsuguda town and river “Verden” flows of south
FORMATION OF INDEPENDENT JUDGESHIP
Earlier Jharsuguda was under the Jurisdiction of Sambalpur (Undivided) till Dated- 23.09.2011 and the Jharsuguda Judgeship was newly created on dated- 24.09.2011. The Judgeship was functioning with additional District and session Judge Court, C.J.M cum C.J. (S.D.), S.D.J.M Court, C.J. (J.D.) Court, J.M.F.C. Court-1 and J.M.F.C. Court-2 was also present along with Fast track Court and Nayadhikari, Gramanyalaya at Lakhanpur. Thereafter it functioned as District & Session Judge Court, C.J. (S.D.) and Registrar Court Respectively. For More Detail -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jharsuguda