District Legal Services Authority
HISTORY OF DLSA IN KRISHNA DISTRICT:
An Act to constitute Legal Services Authority to provide free and competent legal services to the weaker sections of this society to ensure that opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any citizen by reason of economic or other disabilities, and to organize Lok Adalats to secure that the operation of the legal system promotes justice on a basis of equal opportunity.
Article 39-A of the Indian Constitution directs the state to provide “free legal aid” and “equal justice” to all the citizen by suitable legislation of schemes.
The parliament has enacted the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 with the primary objective of providing free and competent Legal Services to the weaker sections of the society and to organize Lok Adalats for the purpose of achieving the said goals. Many of the provisions of this Act have been amended in the year 1994. The Legal Services Authorities Act has brought into force with effect from 09-11-1995.
In Krishna District Lok Adalath Bench was constituted by the A.P. State Legal Services Authority in the year 1999. The District Legal Services Authority was fully established with the staff members in the month of July, 2000. A building was constructed separately for holding Lok Adalaths and for conducting other activities in the year 2003. The Prl. District Judge of the District will be the office Chairman of District Legal Services Authority and one judge in the cadre of Senior Civil Judge will be disputed from the Judicial Department as Secretary of District Legal Services Authority.
CHAIRMAN AND SECRETARY OF DLSA:
I-Addl. District Judge,FAC/Prl. District Judge-Cum-Chairman, DLSA, Krishna, Machilipatnam
2. Sri P.Raja Ram,
Secretary DLSA, Krishna, Machilipatnam (Senior Civil Judge)
NO. OF MLSCs IN KRISHNA DISTRICT WITH LOCATIONS:
There are 11 Mandal Legal Services Committees constituted in Krishna District.
Name of the MLSC Chairman Details
1. Vijayawada Metropolitan Sessions Judge-Cum-Chairman, MLSC,
2. Gudivada XI-Addl. District Judge-cum-Chairman, MLSC, Gudivada
3. Nuzvid XV Addl. District Judge-Cum-Chairman, MLSC, Nuzvidu
4. Nandigama XVI Addl. District Judge-cum-Chairman, MLSC,
5. Avanigadda Senior Civil Judge-cum-Chairman, MLSC, Avanigadda
The District Legal Services Authority, Krishna, Machilipatnam is organizing each and every programme from time to time as per the instructions of the APSLSA and reports also being sent in time.
Women’s Day - 8th March
May Day - 1st May
World Day against Child Labour - 12th June
Senior Citizens’ Day - 1st October
Gandhi Jayanthi - 2nd October
World Mental Health Day - 10th October
Lagel Services Day - 9th November
Children’s Day - 14th November
World Disability Day - 3rd December
Human Rights Day - 10th December
Spl. Lok Adalats and Mega Lok Adalats are also being conducted from time to time by the DLSA and MLSC and good number of cases is being settled in the said Lok Adalats.
Later DLSA has been conducts Lok Adalat every day and MLSC’s have also seen conducts Lok Adalt daily. This Authority and MLSCs have running 33 Legal Aid Clinics in various places of the District. Further, this authority has been providing Legal Aid to the poor people. Apart from that Legal Literacy camps are being conducted.
LEGAL AID CLINICS:
A Total number of 33 Lagal Aid Clinics were established in Krishna District, So far.
I. Machilipatnam :
1. Pedana (Muncipal Office)
2. Guduru (MDO Office)
3. Tallapalem (Ponchayath Office)
II. Vijayawada :
1. Siddhardha Law College, Kanuru
2. Sayyad Appala Swamy College, Vijayawada
3. Tadigadapa (Panchayat Office)
4. Nunna (Panchayat Office)
5. Gollapudi (Panchayat Office)
III. Nandigama :
1. MDO Office, Kanchikacherla
2. Gram Panchayat Office, Chandarlapadu
3. Gram panchayat Office, Veerulapadu
4. MDO Office, Nandigama
IV. Nuzvid :
1. Bevaragunta, Nuzvid Mandal
2. Billanapalli Village
3. Nugandapalli Village
4. Lopudi Village, Nusunuru Mandal
5. Krishnavaram Village, Agiripalli Mandal
6. Krishna Vennela Mahila Society, Nuzvid
7. Gopavaram (Panchayat Office, Musunuru Mandal)
V. Avanigadda :
1. Gram Panchayat Office, Koduru
2. Gram panchayat Office, V.Kothapalem
3. Nagayalanka, Panchayat Office
VI. Gudivada :
1. MRO Office, Gudivada
2. MRO Office, Pedaparupudi
3. MRO Office, Gudlavalleru
4. MRO Office, Nandivada
5. MRO Office, Pamarru
VII. Kaikaluru :
1. Gram Panchayat Office, Kaikaluru
2. Gram Panchayat Office, Mandavalli
3. Gram Panchayat Office, Korukollu
4. Gram Panchayat Office, Kalidindi
5. Gram Panchayat Office, Mudinepalli
6. Sub Jail Premises, Kaikaluru
7. Atapaka, Gram Panchayat Office
VIII. Jaggaiahpet :
1. Municipal office, Jaggaiahpet
2. Gram Panchayat Office, Chillakallu
3. Gram Panchayat Office, Vatsavai
4. Gram Panchayat Office, Penuganchiprolu
5. Gram Panchayat Office, Penuganchiprolu
IX. Gannavaram :
1. Panchayat Office, Peda Avutapalli
2. Panchayat Office, Kesarapalli
Total : 43
PARA LEGAL VOLUNTEER SCHEME:
Para Legal Volunteers are being trained by DLSA and MLSCs in the District.
As per the instructions of the APSLSA in ROC No.33(1)/APSLSA/LSW/2011, Dt.18.12.2012 a refreshal programme was conducted to all the PLVs on 19.01.2013 and Directory of PLVs was sent to APSLSA with 269 PLVs.
During this year, so far 155 PLVs were trained by DLSA and MLSCs of Vijayawada and Nuzvid.
TRAINING TO POLICE OFFICERS UNDER JUVENILE JUSTICE Act:
Training programmes have been conducted to police officers under Juvenile Justice Act as per the instructions of the Hon’ble APSLSA under ROC No.95/APSLSA/LSW/2011, Dt.14.12.2011 is two sessions.
On 25.08.2012 1st Session training programme has been conducted to 35 police officers at Nyaya Seva Sadan, Machilipatnam and on 06.10.2012, 2nd Session training programme has been conducted to 32 police officers at Nyaya Seva Sadan, Vijayawada.
LETIGATION FREE VILLAGES:
As per the instructions of APSLSA under ROC No.09/APSLSA/LSW/2013, Dt.30.01.2013 the following villages are declared as Litigation free villages in Krishna District.
1. Harischandra Thanda, Nuzvid Mandal
2. Konatham Athmakuru, Nandigama Mandal
3. Lachapalem, Nandigama Mandal
FREE AND COMPATENT LEGAL SERVICES RETAINERS:
A Scheme was introduced by NALSA “free and Competent Legal Services, 2010” under this scheme a retainer lawyer was available in the office of DLSA and MLSAs every day during the office hours to give advice to the needy people.
Any person may complain in DLSA and MLSCs, if they not get benefit under NREG Scheme of Government.
BUILDING AND OTHER CONSTRUCTION WORKS:
Under “Un-Organized Workers Social Securities Act”, Building and other construction workers can approach DLSA or MLSCs for relief.