District Head Quarter-Panipat
PanipatSessions Division is headed by District & Sessions Judge,Panipat. Presently, Sessions Division has sanctioned strength of one District & Sessions Judge, 6 Additional District & Sessions Judges, one court of Civil Judge (Senior Division), one court of Chief Judicial Magistrate and one Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Secretary, DLSA, one courts of Additional Civil Judges (Sr. Division) and eight Courts of Civil Judges (Junior Division). All of the Civil Judges also exercise the powers of Judicial Magistrates and Rent Controllers. The District & Sessions Judge and Additional District & Sessions Judges exercise powers of Appellate Authority under the East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act and as Motor Accident Claims Tribunal.
Sub Division Panipat
District Panipat (Including Sub-Division Samalkha). Samalkha Subdivision has sanctioned strength of one Sub Divisional Judicial Magistrate and one courts of Civil Judges (Junior Division).
District Legal Services Authority, Panipat consists of:
District & Sessions Judge, Panipat as its Chairman.
Secretary -cum- Chief Judicial Magistrate, Panipat as its Secretary.
District Collector as member.
Superintendent of Police as member.
District Attorney as member.
Additional District Collector as special invitee.
District & Social Welfare Officer as special invitee.
Every person who has to file or defend a case shall be entitled to legal services under the Legal Services Authorities Act, if that person is:-
• A member of a Scheduled Caste or scheduled Tribe or Backward Class;
• A victim of trafficking in human beings or beggar as referred in article 23 of this Constitution;
• A woman or a child;
• A person with disability as defined in clause (i) of Section 2 of the Persons with disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995;
• A person under circumstances of undeserved want such as being a victim of a mass disaster, ethnic violence, caste atrocity, flood, drought, earthquake or industrial disaster; or
• An industrial workman; or
• In custody, including custody in a protective home within the meaning of clause (g) of Section 2 of the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956, or in a Juvenile home within the meaning of clause (j) of Section 2 of the Juvenile Justice Act, 1986, or in a psychiatric hospital or psychiatric nursing home within the meaning clause (q) of Section 2 of the Mental Health Act, 1987; or
• In receipt of annual income less than rupees 1,50,000 or such other higher amount as may be prescribed by the State Government, if the case is before a Court other than the Supreme Court, and less than rupees twelve thousand or such other higher amount as may be prescribed by the Central Government, if the case is before the Supreme Court.
• Senior citizen
> Senior Citizen that is person who is citizen of India and has attained the age of 60 years or above.
> HIV positive persons or AIDS patients.
The Legal Services could be provided in any of the following modes:
1. By payment of court fee, process fee, expenses of witnesses, preparation of the paper book, lawyers fee and all other charges payable or incurred in connection with any legal proceedings
2. Through representation by a legal practitioner in legal proceedings
3. By supplying certified copies of judgments, order notes or evidence and other documents in legal proceedings
4. By preparation of appeal, paper book, including printing, typing and translation of documents in legal proceedings
5. By drafting of legal documents
6. By giving legal advice on any legal matter
7. Through Mediation Centres or Family Counselling Centres
Sh. Manoj Kumar Rana
Office Tel. No. 0180-2637500