e-Courts The Indian judiciary comprises of nearly 15,000 courts situated in approximately 2,500 court complexes throughout the country. Under the e-Courts MMP, it is proposed to implement ICT in Indian judiciary in 3 phases over a period of 5 years. The MMP aims to develop, deliver, install, and implement automated decision-making and decision-support systems in 700 courts across Delhi, Bombay, Kolkata and Chennai; 900 courts across 29 State/ Union Territory capitals; and 13,000 district and subordinate courts across the Nation.
- The objectives of the project are:
- • To help judicial administration in streamlining their day-to-day activities
- • To assist judicial administration in reducing the pendency of cases
- • To provide transparency of information to the litigants
- • To provide judges with easy access to legal and judicial databases