About Rampur The District Rampur is located between Longitude 78-0-54 & 69-0-28 East and Latitude 28-25 & 29-10 North. It is surrounded by District Udham Singh Nagar in North, Bareilly in East, Moradabad in West and Badaun in South. The height from sea level is 192 Meter in north and 166.4 m in South. Situated on the national highway 24, the state capital is 302 km in East and national capital is 185 km in West. It is well connected by Railways & Roadways. The nearest airport is located in Lucknow.At present it covers an area of 2,367sq.km falls in Moradabad Division of U.P.(India). It had a population of 23,35,398 in 2011
The Rampur District was an independent state before independence of indiaThe state of Rampur was founded by Nawab 'Ali Muhammad Khan, the adopted son and successor of Sardar Daud Khan, chief of the Rohillas in Northern India. He received the territory known as Kather from Emperor Muhammad Shah in 1737, but then lost virtually everything in a contest with the Nawab Wazir of Oudh in 1746. Two years later, he assisted Ahmad Shah Durrani in his invasion of India and thus recovered all his former possessions in reward. At his death, he divided his territories equally amongst his many sons. Faizu'llah Khan, the second son, receiving those around Rampur and Chachait. He was confirmed in his possessions by a treaty with Oudh, which was guaranteed by the HEIC, 7th October 1774. Thereafter, the Rohilla chiefs and their troublesome followers were encouraged to settle peaceably within the borders of the new state. and it was known as Rampur state. The nawab of Rampur was the prince of the Rampur state and administration of Rampur was in his hands.
Establishment of Rampur High Court
Nawab Raza Ali Khan was the president of "Ijlas -e- Humayun" (Committee of final court of appeal) of Rampur State was equivalent to Privy Council of British Judicial system in India and which was the highest court of appeal in State Rampur. For "Law & order" in his State he issued a 'Farman' (Royal Order) for establishment for High Court in Rampur on 13th August 1930. In a majestic ceremony the Nawab Rampur inaugurated it on 2nd March 1931. It was situated in the beautiful building near Raza Library, at this time it called as Old Tehsil Sadar & Registry Office.
Constitution of new High Court of Rampur State was as follows:
1: Mr. Muazzam Ali Khan, Bar at Law Chief Justice
2: Mr. Irshadullah Khan, Bar at Law Puisne Judge
3: Mr. Bashir Husain Zaidi, Bar at Law Puisne Judge
4: Mr. Moin Uddin Ansari Session Judge
5: Mr. Sharfuzzaman Khan Sub Judge
6: Mr. Mehmood Shah Khan Chief Magistrate