The e-Courts project was conceptualized on the basis of the “National Policy and Action Plan for Implementation of information and communication technology (ICT) in the Indian Judiciary – 2005” submitted by e-Committee (Supreme Court of India), with a vision to transform the Indian Judiciary by ICT enablement of Courts.
The e-Courts National portal (ecourts.gov.in) was launched by Hon’ble the Chief Justice of India on 7th August, 2013. This provides Case Status, daily Cause-list, Cases Filed and Cases Registered through the Case information System (CIS) Software.
The e-Courts National portal also provides training material for judicial officers and staff, links to District Court websites and statistical reports that can be used as a judicial management information system. This portal is expected to play a key role in bringing about judicial reforms.
The Main objectives of E-Court Projects are:
- To provide efficient & time-bound citizen centric service delivery.
- To develop, install & implement decision support systems in courts.
- To automate the processes to provide transparency of Information access to its stakeholders.
- To enhance judicial productivity both qualitatively & quantitatively, to make the justice delivery system affordable, accessible, cost effective & transparent.
The following Activities have been carried out towards Computerization of Civil Court, Sheikhpura:
- Networking (LAN): covering Court Room, Judges Chambers, Library, Sections, Administrative building. Approximately, sufficient nodes have been installed in the Civil Court, Sheikhpura Campus.
- Sufficient numbers of computers and peripheral devices have been deployed covering Judges Chambers, Court Rooms, Library Sections and Other
Sections of Civil Court, Sheikhpura.
- Laptops and printers have been distributed to all Judicial Officers and all Judicial Officers have been imparted training on usage of laptops and Linux Operating System.
- Online Computerized filling Center: Cases are filed at the computerized filing counter and filing number are generated. The activities includes instant entry of Criminal and Civil Cases, daily cause-list generation, case status enquiry, order and judgement uploading, disposed cases enquiry, cases pendency, instant SMS Services related to case status and data uploading to NJDG (National Judicial Data Grid) center etc.