Sivagangai District an administrative district of Tamil Nadu state in southern India.
The city of Sivagangai is the district headquarters. It is bounded by Pudukkottai district on the Northeast, Tiruchirappalli district on the North, Ramanathapuram district on South East, Virudhunagar district on South West and Madurai District on the West.
Sivagangai district has been carved out from composite Ramanathapuram district as
per G.O. MS. No. 1122 Rev. Dept. Dated. 6.7.1984 and the district were functioning from
15.3.1985 as per G.O MS. No. 346 Rev. dept. Dated: 8.3.1985.
ABOUT THE COURT COMPLEX OF SIVAGANGAI
· The District Court, Sivagangai, was constituted on 28.08.1992 at Sivagangai
and has been functioning from that date.
· The District Munsif Court, Sivagangai is more than 175 year Old.
· The Sub Court, Sivagangai is more than 150 years old.
· The Principal District Munsif Court, Manamadurai, is more than 125 year Old.
· The Judicial Magistrate No. II Court, Sivagangai is more than 75 years Old
· The Chief Judicial Magistrate Sivagangai is shifted from Devakottai on
19.04.1980 and it was more than 75 years old and it was ruling in composite
Ramanathapuram District till 28.08.1992.
In Sivagangai District, 20 Courts are constituted and the name of the courts as
SIVAGANGAI TALUK (DISTRICT HEAD QUARTERS)
- District court, Sivagangai.
- Special Court for exclusive trial of cases under SC/ST(POA) ACT,1989,Sivagangai.
- Family Court, Sivagangai.
- Magalir Neethi Mandram, Fast Track Maghila Court, Sivagangai.
- Special Courts for Trial Cases under Prevention of Corruption Act, Sivagangai.
- Chief Judicial Magistrate, Sivagangai.
- Sub Court, Sivagangai.
- District Munsif Court, Sivagangai.
- Judicial Magistrate No.I Court, Sivagangai.
- Judicial Magistrate No.II Court, Sivagangaiangai
- Sub Court, Devakottai.
- District Munsif Court, Devakottai.
- Judicial Magistrate Court, Devakottai.
- Principal District Munsif Court, Manamadurai.
- Additional District Munsif cum Judicial Magistrate Court, Manamadurai.
- District Munsif cum Judicial Magistrate Court, Tiruppattur.
- Principal District Munsif cum Judicial Magistrate Court, Karaikudi.
- Additional District Munsif Court, Karaikudi.
- Judicial Magistrate Court(FTC), Karaikudi.
- District Munsif cum Judicial Magistrate Court, Ilayangudi.
Thiruppuvanam Taluk is newly constituted and it has been functioning in Upcoming Years onwards. Proposal was submitted to the Government through the Hon’ble High Court, Madras, for the constitution of New Court at Thiruppuvanam Taluk Head Quarters.