Hon’ble Mr. Justice Siddhartha Verma
Sri Santosh Rai
District Judge : Sultanpur
In 1856, District of Sultanpur was formed. The district assumed its present shape in 1869. A scheme for the appointment of village Munsifs was introduced in 1902.There are two regular District Munsifs and a Subordinate Judge for civil work. The District is included in the Civil Judgeship of Rae Bareli and in the Sessions division of Faizabad.
Sultanpur Judgeship was bifurcated from Faizabad Judgeship and it come into existence in 11th March,1956 vide G.O. no. 1749/VI-708/55 Dated Lucknow, July 11, 1955. The name of first District Judge was “Sri Tara Chand Kapoor” and the joining date of Hon'ble District Judge was 28th July,1956.
Justice Dr. P. Dayal was the first eminent Learned District Judge of this Judgeship who was elevated to the Hon'ble High Court of judicature at Allahabad.
The sanctioned strength at the initial stage when court started its first functioning :-
(i) District and Sessions Judgeship
(ii) Munsif Court North
(iii) Munsif Court South
- Administrative order no. 164 dated 22.06.2021 regarding time slot of Virtual Court.
- Contractual recruitment in ADR Centre for the post of Junior Assistant. Dated: 21.12.2020
- Order regarding closer of outlying court Kadipur.
- Mechanism/Modalities for opening of Courts from 08.06.2020.
- Misc. order no. 137 of 2020
- List of Bail Application listed on 08.05.2020
- In Compliance of Hon'ble Courts order, Subordinate Courts shall remain closed till further order.
- Misc. Order No.- 134 of 2020
- Misc. Order no. 109 of 2020 dated 24.04.2020
- Misc. Order No. 108 of 2020 dated 19.04.2020.
- Keeping in abeyance the direction issued vide letter no. 450 infra cell dated 18.04.2020
- Court shall remain closed till further order dt 26.03.2020
- Constitution of Helpline/team to prevent the spread of pandemic of Coronavirus.
- Recruitment of Office Peon/ Process Server in DLSA Sultanpur.
- Contractual recruitment of Group C and Group D for DLSA Sultanpur.
- Tender of Cycle Stand for Financial Year 2018-19