Vadodara District Map
Vadodara District Court Complex
The Judicial District of Vadodara comprising of the Revenue District of Vadodara was formed covering major part of the territory of the erstwhile State of Baroda by the Government of Bombay, Political and Sendees Department vide Notification No.3198/46-P-III dated 31st July 1949 under the provisions of Secs.3 and 4 of the Bombay Civil Courts Act, 1869. Shri B.C.Vakil presided over as the first District & Sessions Judge on the establishment of District & Sessions Court, Vadodara.The District & Sessions Court, Vadodara started functioning in the magnificent historical building commonly known as "Nyay Mandir" built in the year 1896 by His Highness Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III. In Vadodara District, Appellate Courts, Courts of Senior Civil Judges, Courts of Small Causes and Courts of Judicial Magistrate First Class are housed in three buildings known as "Nyay Mandir", "Lai Court" and "Fast Track Court".The "Nyay Mandir" was built in the loving memory of Shrimant Maharani Chimanabai, wife of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, and it was named as "Chimanabai Nyay Mandir". At the passage of time, the said buildingis now known as "Nyay Mandir". The said historical building was built by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III for housing the Courts of Law functioning at the time of Baroda State, and at present also, the same is being used for housing the District & Sessions Court of Vadodara. In this building, some of the Appellate Courts of the district are housed; other appellate courts are functioning in the building known as "Fast Track Court Complex" situated beside Central Jail, Vadodara. Courts of Small Causes and some Courts of Senior Civil Judges are also housed in the "Nyay Mandir".
For the Construction of New District and Sessions Court Building Government has allotted 55,000/- sq. meter Land .After the planning of map and construction of New Court Building , government has made a provision of fund of Rs. 1,30,00,00,000/-(130 crores)."Bhoomi Pujan" of the New Court building was done in the month of October 2012.
In the New District Court Building, there is an arrangement of total 76 courts. Old Nyay Mandir , Lal Court, PTC Building , Fast Track Court building and Family Court are shifted to the new court building after the inauguration function on date 17/03/2018. From 19/03/2018, All the above mentioned courts are shifted and working in New District & Sessions Court Building which is situated at Diwalipura, Old Padra Road, Vadodara.
New District court Building has a facility of 76 fully furnished courts, 2 Video Courts, 1 Conference Hall, 1 Training Hall and Mediation Rooms. All the Court Rooms having separate chamber/ rooms for Judicial Officer, Staff Members and Stenographers. New District Court Building also have a facility of Mediation Center. There is a separate Central Filing of each establishment at different floor of the building. i.e. Central filing of J.M.F.C. Courts on Ground Floor, Central Filing Room for Appellate Courts On First Floor, Central Filing room for Civil Courts on Second Floor, Central Filing for Family Courts on third Floor and Small Cause Court Central Filing situated at Fourth Floor. All the Central Filing Section works for easy case filing , case inquiry and for Certified Copies.
There is a separate building constructed for Ld. Advocates in 9000 sq. feet, having 4 big hall which has a capacity of seating around 1000 to 1200 Ld. Advocates. Advocate wing has a facility of tables, chairs and lockers. Two separate Hall has been provided for Bar Library and there is a facility of Canteen for Ld. Advocates. Banking facility is also provided within new court building.
There is a proper seating arrangements made for Litigants in the all Courts. i.e. Facility of Ramp and Wheel Chair for Physically handicapped Litigants, Facility of Steel benches in the corridor, Facility of Cooler and R.O. Plant for clean and cold water, Facility of 9 Ladies-Gents-Physically handicapped toilet blocks on each floor, Facility of Map with Barcode Scanner for the information of court rooms and Offices of District Court.
There are two separate entrance and Lift facility for Judicial Officers and 5 other different entrance all having 3 lifts for Litigants, Staff and Ld. Advocates, In total there are 17 Lifts in the New District Court Building.
There is a separate rooms available for Bank and Post Office Branch. In near future that will be functional and Court fee Stamps facility will be available for Litigants and Ld. Advocates.
There is a facility of separate parking for Judicial Officers and there is a vast parking space available in front of Court Building for Staff Members, Ld. Advocates and Litigants.